Friday, December 26, 2008

Nobody wants him
They just turn their heads
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge
And so, I spent my christmas in that kinda way, sitting in the car for 30 minutes waiting for a parking spot listening to Ozzy Osbourne singing Iron Man. Definately very unchristmasish.
Well as far as Im concerned, I spent my christmas day doing things in a very..... odd way.
I got up in the morning to find that an old friend and his family were in my living room, had a good chat with them.
Rushed off for dim sum with my dad's old colleague and his family. And to make things special, that friend and his family are Malay / Muslim. So yea, dim sum was halal. And frankly speaking it didnt taste too bad, though its very obvious when they substituted pork with chicken.
Went off to their house after lunch for more talking. I had a good time telling stories :).
Drove back home while my dad sat in the passenger seat. Thankfully my mum didnt scream or anything while I drove.
Now about driving. As you might know, so far I've only driven 2 kancils, and 1 Lexus ( RX300 model). So today I managed to get behind the wheel of my dads merc E240. The reason why he allowed me to? Because he's collecting his new car, hence this car has been classed as expendable. Frankly, I found it slightly harder to control, I'm not sure if its the individual cars attributes, or Merc Benz cars are just like that. Heres somethings I noticed that differed quite alot from the Lexus.
1. The signalling thing was on the left as opposed to the Lexus' right. Everytime I wanted to change lanes, my right index finger would be flicking away only to remember that the bar is on the left. Felt awkward changing to the left.
2. The accelerator felt harder, much harder then the Lexus. In fact, I cant even press it down smoothly. It felt like I was grinding metal on metal, like some lubrication would be greatly needed. ( I personally suspect that it may be the fact that I was pressing on the accelerator with only the tip of my foot, since I kept my heel close to the brake, ensure I could brake properly should the time come ).
3. Braking felt slightly unresponsive at first, but it brakes more quickly.
4. Not stepping on the accelerator gave a more obvious loss in speed.
5. Steering wheel felt more comfortable :\ .
6. Side view mirrors gave me a better idea of distance. My mums Lexus has somewhat curved side mirrors, meaning you get a better view angle, but the distance is abit off.
7. Merc is much more enjoyable when driving on highway, its sturdy and good.
8. Gear change in Merc is very obvious when putting the pedal to the metal. I like :)
Overall, dads car was what they described, "heavier".
Personally I like mums car for travelling around in the suburbs and all. But dads car is nicer if I was driving on the highway.
Now I wait for tomorrow, where my dad gets his christmas gift.
Hint : AMG, 2.9l . And I get to drive it to Penang.
And probably to KLIA to send myself off.
** And for the uninterested few, I abused the fact that christmas has become a time of commercialisation instead of religion by buying a discounted ( everythings discounted anyway) suit. Now all I need is a vest to replace the crappy one they provided...

No comments: