Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Rainbow Ejaculation

( Appearantly theres this dude called DJ Rainbow Ejaculation who's been around waaay before I came up with this title. Nevertheless I still thought I'd use this pic. Not that I have anything to do with him apart from the fact that this blog title is all about music)

I wanna go off and waste an hour of my life by challenging 3 AI controlled armies on hard in Generals and smash them, so I'll make this quick.

Ehem, here goes.

" There was a time when I listened to things, like pop, and bubblegum pop. The days when I didnt have any musical direction and merely followed my sister. I hate to admit it, but I listened to things like Westlife, Backstreet Boys and *shudder* Britney Spear.

:(

Sad days indeed..

The for a certain amount of time, I fell in love for the first time and neglected music. From there I experience for the first time the meaning of studying. Yes, I was a true nerd back then, and teachers pet as well. During that time I didnt listen to the radio at all.

Then when I was 12, I first heard of Linkin Park..... I thought they were too loud.

It wasnt till I was 15 when I started listening to music again. Probably was while staying at my friends place in Singapore ( to attend the haxzor LOTR convention, the only one in SEA) where I listened to Blink 182 and it caught my imagination. I remember staying awake for hours one night because the lyrics of " I Miss You" were stuck in my head.

That was a musical revival year for me, I really got keen with bands like Linkin Park and Green Day. Pretty funny how 3 years ago I shunned Linkin Park because I thought " In the End" was too "loud".

Small kid thoughts.

Then when I was 16, I began embracing punk music more. It probably also made some changes to me, I became more rebellious and stopped being the prick I was as a prefect. At 17, I began to start to care less about rules and all. 17 was a pretty awesome year, I began to listen to Hendrix, GnR, Sum 41, Nirvana. Yes, my choice of bands were pretty shit, but I started to stretch beyond my previous limits. Pretty awesome days.

(I still remember the time when my friend was stunned to find out that Hendrix was black.)

At 17 I came to Australia, and started moving in a different direction. The reign of loud angry music ended, and I started listening to more alternative rock. I had a better taste for softer slower rock instead of the fast loud stuff I used to listen to. Nevertheless, I still had a thing for angry music, Rammstein in particular.

But its here for the first time that I moved away from Rock. Viet introduced me to Daft Punk, before that I only knew them from "One More Time" which was played on Cartoon Network with the video from Interstellar 5555. For once I moved beyond rock, and into the world of house, techno and electronica.

Its funny how current day me listens to so much House. Personally I believe that my musical sense has changed alot. Bob Marley is totally awesome, and I dont really mind listening to the same beat over and over.

And Sneaky Sound System is just fabulous. :)

No comments: