Saturday, April 28, 2007

Why Should I Vote?

There are 2 stages in my life. I call it, the Pre-PMR stage. And the Post-PMR stage.

*for those who are not Malaysians, PMR is a government exam meant to make us waste 1 whole year on studying things we would forget by now.

In history, we are thought on how Malaysia actually runs.... the ugly truth.

To allow you, my dear reader to even understand why I am making such uninteresting statements, let me allow you a glimpse into my childhood.

I've always been those kids who stood up when the national anthem played, the guys who listened to every single word our politicians mentioned. I was some patriotic jackass.

Then in Form 3, everything went wrong. I suppose the government had our education designed to instill " moral values, and a patriotic mind ". A whole book full of propaganda, which highlighted a really dumb issue.

Ketuanan Melayu.
* Tuan means master, so this term literally means " The Master-ness of the Malays"

**Before the ISA agents flies over to Melbourne and guns me down outside Koko Black (ok, they're government agents, not the Mafia. They dont gun ppl. See below for info on what they do to you) , I'd like to state that I dont have any sort of racial dislike towards the Malays and am not a threat to national security/unity.

Now, regarding history textbooks. It struck me how unfair the government was in a way. While I'm not going to elaborate on the contents, I would just say it made me sceptical about the government, and reading the newspapers never had been so fun...

Ijok

What the hell is all that fuss about Ijok. To be frank, I have never seen BN slinging mud at the Oppposition that fast. All those articles on thestar.com.MY makes me wonder what do politicians do in their free time. Do they really go out, and be the voice of the people, or do they use that time to create scams and scandals to boost their votes?

It may seem obvious now that my article has been nothing but a roller coaster ride. It flicks from one point to another. And doesnt really seem relavent . @.@

Main thing is, I have no idea how the government runs the country. From all what I can see, they spend their time :

- crushing and slinging mud at the Opposition, and using every single available newspaper to support their cause.
- raise issues on mundane things like the condition of public toilets. (Really, the toilets do stink, but I would rather know that our streets are safe and my mum isnt going to be attacked by a snatch thief for the 2nd time)
- ranting about how they are the bumiputera and that we shouldnt question the Malay rights. I get the point already...
- waving their kerises around. Seriously, someone's gonna get injured if it slips.
- raising mundane issues. Oops, already mentioned..
- trying to avoid their responsibilities.




I guess this post isnt really a killer like Warren's one. I havent really been writing for a long time.


on the other hand

god bless mamak stalls. Point where the races unite, and fills our stomachs with joy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg...
sensitive issue...
i've no comments...
haha...
-mengjin-

R said...

hmmm .. Only postitive thing i can say is I agree .... !!!!


With the mamak part .