Kirikaeshi was slighly ok. Though I noticed that my blows were landing around the middle section of the shinai, not the cutting end. Either I should work on my maai, or it's because of the blocking going on. Oh, and my blows didnt land where they were meant to be. I sometimes slip down the men
Kiai was decent, gotten a praise from Thomas. :D I think thats my second praise from a club president. First was from Michael last week. But I did ran out of breathe during the extanded kiai kirikaeshi
Bad stuff was my kote men and do.
1. Footwork wasnt good, my slamming footwork didnt seem right.
2. I think I actually took a step forwards sometimes before launching. Instead of launching from position.
3. Kiai was sluggish. Not too threatening.
4. Didnt draw the shinai high enough.
5. Cuts sometimes didnt hit at correct location. Especially the do cuts. Cut too low.
6. I cut too hard. Need to regulate my blows.
7. I cut too fast. Cutting slower should solve problem 6.
8. Failed to take note of minor things like looking at your oppenent properly, or having the shinai pointing at his throat
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment