Sunday, November 2, 2008

Little tresure trove

http://www.kendo.or.jp/champ/

It's such a pity I cant read Japanese.
This site really contains so much AJKC goodies.

For those who wont get what I'm saying, tomorrow's the 56th All Japan Kendo Championships.

It's that annual time of the year where kendoka around Japan get together and fight there way to the top.

Most people regard it as one of the most important kendo events, on par with the World Kendo Championships (which is held every 3 years) [ smaller events like the All Japan University Kendo Championships gets plenty of attention too].

Personally I'd like to try to compete in the state competitions next year, but I obviously have a long way to go.


Anyway, it's interesting to note that with my limited knowledge of kanji, I think it says that Chiba sensei won his first AJKC in 1966 when he was only 22 years old.

22yo...

@.@
*Oh wow*

And here I am cramming for chemistry and writing lyrics in my head.

No comments: