And so, today.
I went for gradings!
Now, at the moment, I really feel like sleeping. However, I am obliged to continue writing, and boast of my acomplishments.
Now dont I just sound like a snob....
So yes, double grading. It wasnt easy actually, considering how you've already spent up all your energy during the first run, and for some odd reason my body tired out easily. Im not sure why, but even during a relatively light warmup session, I was sweating away.
So yes, I finish my grading for 4th kyu, step out of the dojo area whole getting nods and thumbs ups from my fellow UMKC people, and I think to myself?
"what did I do to earn this?"
while fumbling to take my gear off, one of the officials comes running over and tells me to prepare for the 3rd kyu gradings. Woops, looks like the judges think I did well too.
So there I go, along with another girl to double grade. Thankfully I got paired up with Masa, which meant that..... well it doesnt mean anything, it just helps that at least I know who my partner is. Which is good, because at that stage, I was out of breath, and my left calf was starting to get sore and stiff.
And so went on the 3rd kyu examination, nothing too different from the 4th kyu one, only this time I'm doing it one a very disobedient left foot that doesnt react like how I want it to. Needless to say, I did alot of errors and at certain points, I was more concerned about surviving the whole examination then performing well.
Its at this point that Andrews weekly friday pep talks come into mind
"Lets say you're in the team finals, the match ends in encho (extra time) and you've been selected to fight the one point match that will decide the winner. This is the time when you do your best kendo, and push on for that single point."
Its at times like these, you have to remember that a half hearted job wont get you anywhere. So I grit my teeth, curse that left leg, and screamed my head off.
Surprisingly I passed. Because I originally thought I failed. It wasnt until I got into the changing rooms and everyone was congratulating me, then I only realised I made a mistake and went out to check the results again.
So yes, 2 more weeks to AUG, lets hope that right wrist can cope with its injuries.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment