Team UMKC at the AUG. (Along with Duy of UTS crouching in the backgroup)
Makes me wonder, how did the term shinbashi even come along?
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
Far as I know, its use as a cheer originated at the 2006 AUG (Adelaide)... there were a large number of supporters who had followed us over from Melb that year, and they decided to use the word as a cheer to be a bit different from the usual "ganbarre!"s we hear ;)
The main inspiration for it (I think) was a flash animation found online, where a teacher is announcing a bunch of Japanese words, including "shimmmmbassssshhhi!" as both a shout and a hiss.
I know Viet posted a short comment on the Facebook group about the origins of "Shimbashi!"... check it out, there's probably some more info there ;)
1 comment:
Far as I know, its use as a cheer originated at the 2006 AUG (Adelaide)... there were a large number of supporters who had followed us over from Melb that year, and they decided to use the word as a cheer to be a bit different from the usual "ganbarre!"s we hear ;)
The main inspiration for it (I think) was a flash animation found online, where a teacher is announcing a bunch of Japanese words, including "shimmmmbassssshhhi!" as both a shout and a hiss.
I know Viet posted a short comment on the Facebook group about the origins of "Shimbashi!"... check it out, there's probably some more info there ;)
Post a Comment